Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Cutting Loose" on the Weekends

In light of the closing of the Garage Girls Weight Loss Challenge, I found this post from Mark Sisson, a former endurance athlete turned CrossFitting Paleo Advocate, very fitting. It addresses the "problem" that plagues anyone trying to lose weight and/or adopt a more healthy lifestyle: how do you manage the chaos that is your weekend?

Making healthy choices on the weekends has always been a challenge for me, and I've long since settled into the habit of "allowing" myself the freedom to eat and/or drink what I want. Sisson's post really hits home, supported by a study on the effects that deviant behavior on the weekends has on your ability to reach your goals, and the impact that it has on your health.

3 Comments:

At July 31, 2008 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Janice said...

I'm on vacation...so I'll see you guys on August 11th. I'll miss you guys and see you soon!

Janice =)

 
At July 31, 2008 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Craig Cooper said...

Thanks for the head's up Janice, we were wondering where you've been all week! Have fun on vacation, look forward to seeing you when you get back!

 
At August 1, 2008 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Janice said...

OH! I meant I'm going on vacation...leaving this morning!

I'm letting "summer" get in the way of my workouts. Time to refocus while I'm on vacation. Back to business August 11th!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home